body shell, complete

In AD7-354 our diligent Subaru parts man reported on finding "a neat part #...
"body shell, complete. 164" and adds "Imagine that... The whole sha-bang as a
part."

If he can get me- at a reasonable price- either # 149508707 or #149308701 I
will take it- the first a new 750 Giulietta Spider or Super Spider, the second
a 750 Sprint or Sprint Veloce, both painted and with interior trim but without
seats. He can keep the "body shell, complete. 164". If either of those are
back-ordered, I will settle for #148408711, the 1900 Type 4 (3 window) Touring
coupe body, again painted and trimmed.

Alfa was very irregular on listing complete bodies. They listed them for the
Giulia Super and TI Super, both racing and street versions, painted and
trimmed or unpainted, and for Alfetta coupes and sedans, but not in my parts
books for the roundtail or for the 1750 GT Veloce. Pity.

The only case I knew about of a person actually buying a new body was a VW-
Porsche dealer in KC who had occasion to get one for a 550 after its first
serious use. But I also knew of a reverse twist with a different VW dealer, in
Chicago, who unbolted the body from a VW floorpan, fitted a cobbled-up belly-
tank body, and took the tweaked rig to one of the first Florida endurance
races. After returning home he put the original body back on and sold the
"demo", which had only been used for one weekend.

Cordially,

John H.