Retorque

I have been advised that on the 164 series cars retorquing has the potential to
cause the very failure you are trying to
avoid.  Leave the heads alone.  There have been over the years 1990-1998 almost
no gasket failures in cars over 150,000 miles in the 164 series.  If there had
been the Digest would have been cluttered with bandwidth.  I must retract my
suggestion to retorque the heads and accept the greater wisdom of those
experienced with the 164 series cars.  Sorry any confusion this may have created
and have a Happy New Year!

Loyd Heimbruch
Stella del Nord Chapter (Minnesota), AROC
78 Niki Spider