RE: SPICA

Biba wrote:
>I really should check my facts here, but did Alfa ever use the Spica
>unit on 4-cylinder, gasoline engines in Europe? It's my belief they
>didn't. If that being the case and if they're such wonderful units, why
>didn't they? Cost? Perhaps.

As near as I can determine, the first non-US model 4-cylinder Alfa Romeo
production car to use fuel injection of any kind was the 1982 Alfetta
Quadrifoglio Oro, which had SPICA fuel injection, borrowed from the US
model.  With this exception, European market Alfas that used the classic
inline 4 soldiered on with carbs until around 1986.