33 reversing light switch replacement and strut bearings

I need to change the reversing light switch on my 1990 Sport Wagon so I
would like to know if anybody has done this before.
My main concern is that all the oil might shoot out when I remove the
old switch, which would be a nuisance. Does it?
Also I think the strut bearings need changing, the dealer who knows
tells me there are two types. Any tips on checking which I've got
without stripping the whole thing down? Any tips on stripping the whole
thing down when I get them?
TIA
- --
Jonathan Coates