Re: alfa seat stickers

In v7 #331, the inimitable John H, (from NC) writes
snip>A detail which differs from the recollection of both Richard G.
Ballantine and Dana Loomis is that the labels provided (two per car) is
not a sticker in the
middle of the rear seat, but a double-faced sticker to be located in the
lower, forward area of each rear side window glass. The sticker shows, on
the inside,

REAR SEATS ARE NOT DESIGNATED
TO BE OCCUPIED BY PASSENGERS
WHILE VEHICLE IS IN MOTION

but shows from the outside

ALFA ROMEO "2000" G.T. VELOCE
GROUP 2 TOURING CHAMPION 1971
EUROPEAN MANUFACTURER SERIES

This sticker (or its absence) could conceivably become the ultimate
detail in
the authenticity concours. Wonder if the restoration stores have them in
stock?
<<<end snip

While browsing Steve Piantieri's Alfa Boutique on the web at
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/spiantieri
I clipped the following for all you 105 types that might be interested.

Newest items: Precise reproduction of the two adhesive stickers from the
1972, 1973,
and 1974 GTV describing "Rear seats should not be used..." and the second
larger
sticker with Alfa Romeo logo showing vehicle emission control information
that is placed
on the firewall next to the air filter assembly. Black on
white, correct rounded corners and outlines for those enthusiasts
involved in concours
or wanting every item for the perfect car - $18/pair. When these are
gone, they
are  definitely GONE!

As most of you know, I have no financial interest in anything Alfa,
except my own Spider, but am selling NWARC calendars on behalf of my
chapter.  End of blah blah, and unsolicited plug :^)

Gordy Hyde
Bothell, Washington, USA
NWARC membership chair
1987 Spider Veloce
the top is always down, but it's in the garage on jack stands under the
frame rails :^o

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]