ARS&RS going to Tahoe? Hmm...

>   Does the
> Alfa Romeo Search & Rescue Society respond to searches above sea level?
> I use cables with chains as backups for road controls.

Well, If you were in Seattle, I might...I missed Tahoe.

Your 164 should be a champion in those conditions. Get good snows and
drive smart.

The elevation is moot. I drove mine 10,300 miles in a month, from sea
level to 9100 feet above in Montana. I never noticed any difference. The
littel snow I saw was not a problem for Sofia...she chugged right
through it. And I mean real snow on top of glare ice. [on a closed road
12 miles from a tow truck, south of Red Lodge, MT...]

The more I drive the 164, the more I am impressed by it's durability
and  basic quality. If Fiat marketed their product as well as they built
164s, we'd have them all over the place, and you could buy stuff for it
at Pep Boys.

Rant over. :o)
- --

Bill Harkell--Tampa Florida
"Pity those who don't know the redline cry of an Alfa V-6" -Anon.
"Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom" -AmiSue1
Homepage: http://pw2.netcom.com/~alfabill/welcome.htm