re: mech fuel pump on 105

you should be able to get a recon kit for not many $.  I cant confirm this,
but having rebuilt many mech fuel pumps for other cars, the kits were always
readily available and cheap. (but of course, we are dealing with an *Alfa*
here, arent we!)

if the car was factory fitted with carbs and a mech fuel pump, the factory
glass-bowl fuel filter has a pressure regulator built into it, so even if
you went to an electric fuel pump, you dont need an extra regulator.
personally, i find the electric pumps annoyingly noisy, but I guess it
depends where you mount it.

good luck!,

ben
'68 1750 GTV