re: AROC NYET!

Just a general question--which I'm sure someone can answer--the bulk of
the dues I spend go not to AROSC, which does a lot for me--races, time
trials, schools, magazine--but to AROC, which, as far as I can tell does
nothing except a rather thin magazine.-----So what are our dues spent on?
and is that what we want?

On Wed, 16 Dec 1998 alfanut@domain.elided wrote:

> >After seeing this small scale flame war on the digest,my AROC renewal
> >notice just went into the garbage can.I won't be renewing it;AROC sends me a
> >magazine each month that has 1/10th of the info contained in one installment
> >of the Alfa digest.
>
> Terry,
> Better that we have a strong Alfa Digest (it is) AND a strong AROC-USA
> magazine (Alfa Owner). Right now the magazine is struggling. Better that
> you join AROC and tell them that you want more from AROC/Alfa Owner instead
> of leaving and helping to kill off the organization. And we have to do more
> than just sending a check to  AROC by contributing time, articles, photos
> as well!!!!
> I've certainly complained about Alfa Owner to anyone who would listen
> (including Bernie and the AROC Alfa Owner Liaison) and have contributed
> stuff to it as well. Alfa Owner belongs to all the club member so we are
> also responsible for what goes into it. It isn't like Road & Track where
> the reader is only expected to buy and read.
>
> >      I would venture to say that perhaps the monies spent on memberships to
> >AROC could be better used through their technical support phone lines
>
> Seems to work pretty well right now doesn't it? (I've only used it a couple
> of times though)
>
> >a comprehensive library
>
> Don't they have that? How does the average member get ready access though?
>
> >and the remaining monies be spent on the individual
> >chapters,rather than on an expensive magazine
>
> It's a pretty cheap magazine right now but a club of this caliber deserves
> much better. Have you seen club magazines from any of the other marques? or
> non-US AROC magazines. They are often VERY nice.
>
> What me ramble?
>

> Michael Williams
> Sacramento, California US of A
> 69 Duetto