FW: Urgent Help Please - My 75TS Has Just Died

Dougal asks ....

Hello and Help!

My 75TS died in the weekend. I started it and drove about 20 feet and it
just stopped. There is no spark to any of the plugs or out of the coils. I
have put a meter on the inputs to the coils and there doesn't even appear
be any power going to the coils.

Anyone had this problem before? Where do I start looking to now? I hope the
engine management computer hasn't died or anything major like that!
[]
The computer is usually the last thing to fail, keep your money in your
wallet.
Start with the connector on the firewall in front of the driver.  To get to
it you have to remove the cardboard sound deadening in front of the plenum.
 Lift the rubber cap off, then carefully lift all the clips off together,
then lift the cardboard.  This will expose the connector, it has about 4
wires in it, and it is the same one that always causes the problem!  Clean
up the connector, or as many people do, cut it out and individually soldier
all the wires.  If you are not in the practice of doing maintenance on the
engine, you might like to search the archives for my last couple of posts
about cleaning various electrical contacts.

YMMV, std disclaimers.

Cheers,
david
1989 ALFA75 TS, 130000kms