AROC-USA Display advert on AD Home Page

Fellow Digesters,

In 1997 the Alfa Romeo Owners Club - USA Board of Directors mandated an
AROC-USA web site. Included in the proposal approved by the BoD was the
placing of a banner advertisement on the Alfa Digest Home Page.

At that time I was assigned the task of overseeing the development of the
web site and getting details for placing the banner advert on the AD. I
contacted Richard Welty during the later half of 1997 regarding this and he
quickly responded with the needed information. It was estimated (hoped)
that the AROC-USA web site would be completed by early 1998.

Unfortunately the web site was not yet built to the approved criteria at
the time of the 1998 AROC National Convention in June. Prior to the BoD
meeting at the convention the person who had accepted the task of building
the web site in 1997 submitted their resignation from the task. I then
submitted a bid to the BoD for developing the web site to the approved
criteria and it was accepted by the BoD.

As you may be aware, the AROC-USA web site was completed (except for the
addition of the photo galleries) by late July, 1998. At that time I
e-mailed Richard Welty that the site was completed and attached the banner
advert (see http://aroc-usa.org/aroc_ad_adv.htm to view the banner advert)
to the e-mail.

Richard never responded to that e-mail or any of the subsequent e-mails
from me regarding this matter over the last five months. I know Richard
from his participation at several AROC conventions in years past and was
very surprised at his lack of acknowledgment of my requests. I would have
understood if he had told me that he has changed his mind about having a
banner advert from AROC-USA on the AD Home Page, but he chose to just
ignore my repeated requests.  I know he is busy (as most of us are) and I
feel I've allowed him sufficient time to put the advert up on the Alfa
Digest site.

Last month I e-mailed him my final request to place the advert  on the AD
Home Page and also informing him that if the advert was not placed on the
web site OR he had not responded to me in two weeks (14 days / a fortnight)
regarding this matter I would take it to the Alfa Digest.

It has now been THREE weeks since I sent Richard the e-mail referred to
above. Needless to say, I have yet to get a response from Richard regarding
this matter, thus this posting to the Alfa Digest. Granted, the Alfa Digest
Links page contains a link to the AROC-USA web site. I must add that the
AROC-USA Links Page also contains links to several aspects of the Alfa
Digest.

The point is, AROC-USA has expressed a desire to support the Alfa Digest
financially by having a banner advert and Richard appears to be denying
AROC-USA that right by totally ignoring the repeated requests from me, as
the appointed AROC-USA BoD representative.

I sincerely regret that Richard apparently refuses to allow the AROC-USA to
support the Alfa Digest in this way. I believe the AROC-USA BoD feels that
the Alfa Digest is a valuable resource to owners (and future owners) of
Alfa Romeos and they wish to support the Digest with the banner advert. My
intent of this posting is to make you, the Alfa Digest Members, aware of
this situation in the hopes that your input to Richard will convince him to
allow AROC-USA to support the AD with a banner advertisement.

Copies of this e-mail are being sent to:
        Richard Welty, Alfa Digest Administrator
<rwelty@domain.elided>
        The AROC-USA Board of Directors

Ciao,
Bernie Zelazny
AROC-USA  Board Member and current web site manager.
Texas Hill Country AROC
Alpine, Texas

End of alfa-digest V7 #321