Electric Seat Belts in 88 Spider

Hoping someone knows of a solution that is not too expensive.  The
driver's side belt retractor will not retract the belt. The electrical
connection to this unit seems to be constantly energized, the seloniod
is always activated, ignition on or off.

I would like to use the seat belts, perhaps just using the static belt
connector.  I'm not all that interested in having the track system
funcional.  But I do need to have the belt retractor functional.  Talked
to IAP and they can only supply the entire system, tracks and all, at
over $500.00.  They suggested contacting Alfa Parts Exchange.  I left
them a message.   Maybe I will have some luck there.

Thought maybe someone is parting out an '88 Spider with this seat belt
system and might have a functional belt retractor available.

Paul Weimer
Ohio
'69 Spider Veloce
'84 Spider 2.0