re: 164 oil filter access

Alfabill answered with instructions that have commonly appeared: "Remove the R/F wheel and reach in through the fender liner. It should be hand tight, if the Jiffy gorilla didn't torque it."

Maybe my '91 is missing an optional cover or something, but I find it very easy to reach straight up between the transmission and exhaust collector.  The filter is perfectly accessible, whether hand tight or in need of a wrench.  Of course, the car must be jacked up, but it must be raised in order to get the drain pan underneath, anyway.

'91 164B (on Selenia since birth, love those cool cans!)
'79 spider (switched to Selenia at 90k miles and no leaks or burning after 3 years)