164 Warm Start Procedures

     >bofusric@domain.elided (ric salinas) writes....

     >When cold the engines fires up with no problem, but when I drive and
     >let is sit for 30 minutes and restart, it has a long crank and while
     >start and die. I have to give it a little gas in order for it to stay
     >running....
     >
     >Jonathan had a problem like this which was instantly cured by
     >replacing the fuel pressure regulator.

     >Brad Anesi
     >'91 Project 164Q 5-speed

     While this may be in fact be a fuel delivery problem, the owners
     manual actually tells you to give the car a little gas when starting
     warm. I was quite surprised when I read this having also experienced
     the long crank start/die symptom when starting from warm, but have
     found that the owners manual instruction works like a charm. End of
     problem.

     Kevin Fillip
     Dallas, Tejas

     '91 164