alfa 75/milano driveshafts

Hi all. Been a lurker for some months now, and feel its time to 'take the
plunge'.  Found lots of useful info previously, and hope that some of you
kind people can help out a little more.
I have a noisy driveshaft, with lots of vibration and banging under the
floor directly under the handbrake, under heavy acceleration and load.
(centre driveshaft doughnut or bearing, probably) and I also have a scrap
1988 vintage 1.8 litre 75/milano in a nearby breakers yard.  My question is
thus -- can I take a complete 'shaft out of the 1.8 and drop it into my '89
2.5 without problems/too much expense, or is that too much to hope for this
close to Christmas?.
Also, the speedo has never worked, nor the fuel computer.  (I know, been
asked loooaaads of times before) but despite checking the solder joints
within the sender and then replacing it -- no change.  Does the brain/box
behind the glove box panel (UK spec) control the speedo, and would the one
from my pet scrap 1.8 be a replacement, or is it the 'box under the
passenger (UK) footpan?
Any and all advice welcome.

Thanks
Bruce C.
b.crookston@domain.elided
Scotland, presently under the first snow of winter, with an:-
1989 75/milano 2.5 v6 and holed exhaust (but what a sporty exhaust

P.S.  This is my first Alfa.  First impressions make the car appear quite
difficult to work on, but its not.  Despite not having a manual, I have had
more fun (?) working on it than you could imagine, with assistance from the
Digest and various WWW sources.  This includes replacing the waterpump and
head gaskets, rebuilding the steering rack, rebuilding the rear brakes, as
well as having the door grab handles break and the headlining sag, to name
but a few.  A chequebook helps, but time and inclination can do the same
job, at less expense, with a great deal more satisfaction.