Spider 1600 power loss/choking

Thanks to all who responded to my inquiry about my "choking" 1600 =
Spider. Most responses suggested that I check out the fuel filter.

I went to the local Alfa wizard and informed him to check the fuel =
filter, carbs and ignition system. As it turned out, he _did not_ check =
the fuel filter as instructed. What he did worked wonders for the =
acceleration though. However, the choking at high rpms is still there, =
so I guess it's time for me to locate the fuel filter and see if it's =
clogged. Is there anybody who can tell me where it's located?

The mechanic also told me that one of the Webers was beginning to look a =
bit worn out and could need a rebuild. He suggested that I should remove =
them and bring them to a local company specializing in carburetor =
repairs. Fine, but are there any other cool things I can do while I'm at =
it? Like, for instance, fitting a cooler air-filter? Will I notice any =
difference?

regards,
Nils C-:
nc@domain.elided