M/C rebuild from hell fixed,owner in Alfa Heaven

Greetings Alfisti!
        First, hearty THANK YOUs to all digesters who responded to my plea of
help on how to get the top bolt out of my clutch M/C,the allen wrench on a
socket worked.There wasn't a great deal of room to work under the dash,and my
back and neck feel like Rold Gold pretzels now.Got the job finished about 6pm
this evening;bleeding was no problem (my 78 year old father in law had the
honor of pumping the clutch pedal,the man regularly hits 18 holes of golf in
the low 70's so he enjoyed the workout). It is SO NICE to do something and
have it work properly (first time I've done this procedure).It is doubly nice
to have a resource like the Alfa Digest to help.It's like having 10,000
mechanics on call, and I thank you all.
          My next  question regards the power antenna in my beloved Alfie,
('87 milano gold).My OEM power antenna broke in August,I replaced it with a
Hirschman unit from IAP.It lasted a month;when it went spewing antenna rods
and pieces of the white up/down cable in the process.Basically, my antenna
puked its guts out (literally).I'm tired of power antennas and want to replace
it with a regular non power non headache producing antenna.I suspect people
have done similar  things with their antennas, and I'd like to know what
replacement antenna will work best in terms of fitting through the original
hole,and hopefully using the same plastic base (the small square one with the
Alfa logo on it) as used by the OEM power antenna.(I'd also like to ask if any
European/Australian Alfisti have installed in dash shortwave radios like the
Phillips DCF-777 (not available in the US) into their Alfas and how do they
work out.(Overall reception,e-layer skip reception,shielding/noise suppressors
needed,etc).Any shortwave DX'ers/Alfisti out there?
Thanks to all for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Terry and Sharon Akins
(bouncing off the walls with happiness in Alexandria,VA)

End of alfa-digest V7 #306