bumper removal

Would someone please give suggestions on how to remove the front bumper
on a '73 GTV.  I can't get a socket wrench onto what appears to be a
17mm bolt inside the front of the body due to the small size of the
opening where the bolt is, and trying an open end wrench on it doesn't
work either because the front of the bumper has a rectangular head on
the bolt that I can't grip to hold or turn.
Also, are there any suggestions on repairing/replacing/updating the
wiring and socket for the front side marker lights?  The wires are
broken off the two little "nipples" that the light bulb's two contacts
make contact with. I hope I have described this part so as to make
myself understood.
Last, I would like to try to add relays as the person suggested on the
last posting, but I don't know how.  Could you please describe the exact
procedure for a dummy like me so I don't blow up my "new" old car.  I am
not a mechanic but I desperately want to know how to help myself and
take care of this car.  Please, please don't tell me to just find a
mechanic.
I am new at this, so please forgive my lack of knowledge and expertise.
I'm in New Jersey.  Thanks for the help. S.E.