164 tranny shake and other interesting traits...

Well, all I want for Christmas is for Gabrielle to work right! It seems that
may be out of anyones hands right now... Okay, biggest question first. I had
the cluth and all applicable parts replaced almost 8K miles ago. Since then,
I've had a moderate, very noticeable shaking of the engine when I am just
starting to engage a gear to get going. It happens with any gear selection,
MOST of the time, and it feels like I'm sitting in one of those vibrating
chairs. It hasn't seemed to be getting worse, but it's annoying and unnerving.
Second, we have these HUGE speedbumps at school, and whenever I'm descending
down at more than a crawl, when the wheels rebound after hitting the level
road again there is this loud clunk/thud that seems to come from right under
the dash in the middle. This doesn't happen is SPORT mode at any
(reasonable) speed over the bumps. Like the shaking, this has been happening
for about 8K miles.
Thirdly, I know this is frequently covered, but what was the deal with the
tensioner upgrade? Were all tensioner replaced with mechanical ones, or were
they all inspected and those needing change were given attention? I ask
because my service advisor said some weren't replaced. This also worries me.
I'm very freaked out about my car now because I don't have any time to get
under her and do any investigative work myself. I am inclined to call ARDONA
and speak to them, because my dealer's service advisor says he wouldn't
worry too much about either problem- the shake doesn't seem to be a
cluth/tranny problem, and the thud he thought was a bad motor mount. My
point is though, that these things surfaced after they worked on the car and
I'm not all that pleased. I really am worried that things are starting to
mount up in cost and I'd be better trading up to a '95 Q. I'd like anyone's
opinions, even maybe on what you might offer for: '91 S, 70K miles, blk/blk
Recaros, pristine condition inside and out, new yoko S4-V's (205-60-15's),
in-dash CD w/ amp, always garaged and/or covered, Zymoled religiously, well
maintained, many new mechanicals including clutch, brake mc, ps pump. I'm
not totally inclined to give her up since she's my first, but economics make
the world go round...
Mark Domby