Re:Clutch m/c rebuild,Gotti wheel trade

Greetings alfisti,
        It appears that I'm about to have to rebuild the clutch master
cylinder in Alfie,my '87 Milano gold.Had a problem with a leaky clutch slave
cylinder,replaced it and bled it out properly, but the clutch pedal is still
engaging the clutch at 1/4"off the floorboard.The pedal also has a rather
distinctive feel, like it has two seperate points of travel.It feels as though
it will move about 4 inches, then stops.Push it back down again to the
floor,it moves 4 inches, feels like it "sticks" a bit, then moves all the way
up.I got under the dash today(return spring looks ok,my back and neck after
this,less so..),and pushed the clutch in several times.It looked like the
plunger from the master cylinder wasn't moving through it's full range of
travel,hence my thoughts of a bad clutch master cylinder.Any thoughts,anyone?
       I'm going to rebuild it myself, and wondered if anyone has any
tricks/precautions /general quirks and foibles I should look out for.Any
advice would be most appreciated.
        Also, for the people who are waiting for photos from me of the gotti
modular wheels I want to trade for a set of Verde "phone dial" type
wheels;well, took the photos,took the photos in and the Army Air force
exchange service promptly LOST the photos.I'll be taking more shortly and will
send them to all who were interested.
Needing an Alfa fix BAD,
Terry Akins
Alexandria,VA
1987 Milano Gold (Alfie)
1984 GTV6 (Vito,soon to be put together because I have a job now after 2
months out of work.YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
and other assorted bits of automotive flotsam and jetsam