Re: 145, 146, 155

Thought I had to pen a few words in response to Keith's comments (though I
usually hang on his every word as my source of info on my 75!).  I have a
145 1.7 16V, 1995 and, touch wood it has been a great car.  Nothing other
than cheap, routine servicing which is way, way different to the 33 I
owned.  I agree the engine struggles low down, but hit 4000 revs and it
starts to move - feels quite unburstable and sounds great!  The electric
sunroof packed in (only electrical problem in 4 years - is this an Alfa??),
but after writing to Alfa UK, muttering about brand loyalty and threatening
to park my 75 on a posh forecourt full of 156's and 166's they offered to
pay half the cost of the replacment - not bad I thought!  The wipers are a
pain, they screech and clunk, but always work.  The boxer engine is noisy
on the motorway and not terribly refined, but its still a fun kind of
thing.  The main thing I think is that these cars are great value for
money!  I guess there are good and bad, I got a very well cared for car and
it shows.  I wouldn't have a 1.6 however, that did feel slow.....
	Now, if the wife had let me I might have preferred a V6 155, but all I was
allowed was a cheap 75 - such is life!  The real fear now is that we might
be moving to the USA, and having driven a Buick Le Sabre recently, I am
scared about what I might find myself driving!!!!!

Lyndon Martin
Lyndon Martin
Kingston University
School of Education