question - GTV6 Clutch

I just had the clutch replaced (by a reputable garage)in my '83 GTV6 (after
about 77K miles). Now the thing has the "on/off" action. And when I engage,
there is quite a bit of vibration, not the way it used to be before - nice
and smooth. In addition the feel of the pedal has changed. It used to be
firm. Now it feels like there is nothing there. No feeling at all. Is that
normal? The car had the 2 plate clutch before and it has one now.