[no subject]

...If you have understeer, use trailbraking to improve its ability to
turn down.  By trailing your braking deeper into the turn you keep
weight on the front tires during turndown, making the car turn better.

Just before the turn-down marker [the point at which you begin turning
the wheel] start releasing the brakes.  As you turn the steering wheel,
release the brakes more and more, The steering wheel should be turned
the most just about as the brakes are all the way off...

Realistically, a race car shouldn't need a whole lot of trail braking to
'set' the chassis in a neutral attitude.  It can be helpful, especially
in a car that understeers a lot or has front-wheel drive.  You really
need to feel the car's motion to do it, so it may tough on a video game.

Note that trail-braking should be avoided unless you are comfortable
hanging the tail out, as this tends to happen from time to time...

By the way, anbody wanna buy a 1986 Buck Century Wagon with 140,000 on
the clock for like $800 before I donate it?  SF Bay area.  Runs like a
champ (actually like a really old Champion spark plug).

Last thing:  I'm getting a slight fuel in the trunk smell in my 86
spider.  Can someone refresh me on the usual causes?

Dave Bongiovanni
75 Rabbit NASA GTI-Cup Car