164 vs. Allante

Joel Hailey wrote in AD#277 about the 164
<< I was surprised (and pleased) to find
 that much of the engineering "philosophy" if you will, obviously came from
the same
 technological think tank that gave us the modern front wheel drive Lancias,
the first
 of which was the Beta. The cradle type subframe, the style of the motor
mounts, the
 internals of the transaxle, the suspension design, the brakes. It's just a
great big
 Beta with an Alfa V6 and a Pinin skin. >>

I agree with my esteemed colleague Joel completely about this. But to carry it
one step farther even, the same design philosophies show thru in my Cadillac
Allante too! You could consider it an even bigger Beta with a Detroit V8 and a
Pinin skin!

Best Wishes,

Ed at Caribou Imports, Inc.
NOW... the largest Fiat parts supplier in the Western U.S.
visit us on the Web at:
www.caribou.cc
NEW ADDITION to our Web site: check the Autotraders nation-wide database of
Alfas or other vehicles for sale OR list your own car for sale FREE. Courtesy
of Caribou Imports!

End of alfa-digest V7 #279