Re: Milano CLutch Slave bleeding

In a message dated 11/19/98 11:25:00 AM Central Standard Time, owner-alfa-
digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Subject: Milano Clutch Bleeding

 Well, last I reported, after replacing my master and slave cylinders, I
 had bleed the clutch to the point where I had a functional but soft
 clutch.  Soft to the point that the pedal did not always return to its
 full upright position.  I've been driving it all week waiting for a
 break in my schedule to do some more bleeding.  During this time though,
 the clutch has firmed up and now feels perfect.  I now have no intention
 of doing anymore bleeding.

This is exactly what happened to me twice, after replacing the clutch slave on
my '79 Alfetta.  After a week or so normal pedal is achieved and it feels just
fine.  I think that the excess air works its way back up the line and into the
master.

Jerry in Houston