Getting Kent out of sanity and into a Spider

Kent wrote:
<<...who are trying to help me out of my sanity, I said I am "wanting" a
spider, not "buying" one, at least not yet. Right now there are three things
standing in my way:
 1) Three kids won't fit.
 2) I drive 30,000 miles a year.
 3) Winter and snow.
 ....How is the traction in snow? Can I drive through an 12 inch drift?  I
live in the Boston area. But Bryan, if I can pick up a running "beater" for
$400, maybe I don't have
 to get rid of my current FWD econo-box. Tempt me.
 Kent, who shoulda stayed a lurker

  Yea, well....shoulda, woulda, coulda.  Once you come out of hiding you're
doomed.  Want temptation?  You got it.  I used to live in Mass. and visit
every so often.  I could deliver a car to you.  Just drop me off at Logan.
  As for the snow, I don't know how the Spiders handle it.  However, during my
last year in Mass. my only means of transportation was an '84 Honda Nighthawk.
Only 3 days I had to get a ride to work.  They're prepared enough for the snow
that the roads get cleared pretty quick.  If I can make it through a winter on
my bike, you can handle it in a Spider.
  And your 3 reasons?  Got that solved too.  1).  It's a second car.  2)  It's
a second car.  3).  It's a second car.  I'm surprised you didn't mention the
big killer in Mass....insurance.
  Seriously, the $400 beater is just that....a beater.  It would be best as a
parts car, or a real project.  Currently it's missing a starter, so it would
at least need that.  In addition, the car has been sitting with the top down
for months.  Guess what shape the leather is in, not to mention the
electronics.  I'm going to try and look at the Graduate this week.  I'll let
you know.  And, like I said, I'm also looking at a '76 Fiat Spider....real
cheap.  It's not an Alfa exactly, but it's in the family.  Just needs paint.
  Now, about that next trip to Mass.......
Bryan Carter
No. Va.