$1500 Verde revisited...

  Ouch!! My poor mail box.....overflowing.  I started responding to each
person individually but it was getting ridiculous.  I guess I shouldn't have
mentioned the Milano in my last post (mental note: post *before* the beer, not
after).  For all those who asked, and all those who will, I know nothing of
the Milano yet.  I saw it with a 'for sale' sign on it but haven't been able
to reach the owner.
  This is one I want to keep though, unlike the various Spiders that I
mentioned I'm aware of.  I'm even more determined after seeing the mail I got.
Lots of people out there dying to break up a perfectly good Verde, just
because it's cheap enough to justify doing it.  In my mind that's the
automotive equivalent of committing murder for the sake of organ donation.  A
wrecked car, no problem...gut it.  But a perfectly good Verde...no way.  It
needs to be saved (Bill -- got any membership forms for the "search and rescue
society"?).
  A year and a half ago I sucked my car out of the mud at a junk yard.
Anybody else would have stripped it.  Sorry folks, but I can't let it happen
to this one either.  Besides, I figure if I have 2 Verde's, that means I'll
have the equivalent of one good running car.  They can't *both* be broken all
the time.......
Bryan Carter
No. Va.