Re: 164 oil level and differential

You have done eveything.
The 164 transaxle is one single unit which includes gearbox and differential.

Karl

Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 10:11:16 +1300
From: "Matthew Dooher" <matthew.dooher@domain.elided>
Subject: 164 oil level sensor/gear oil

My oil level sensor has never worked. I am told the previous owner had some
trouble with a speed hump and his sump. This resulted in the sump being
removed and welded. Until then the sensor worked OK.
Can the sensor be removed without first removing the front exhaust manifold?
Can they be repaired once out, or should I order another first?

I changed the oil in my 5 speed transmission on the weekend. To do this I
took out the drain plug located at the front of the box. I refilled it from
the fill hole at the top. (1.8 litres.)
My question is what happens with the diff. There seems to be a drain plug at
the bottom of that as well. How is this filled? What type of oil do I use?
Is it part of the gear box? Did I do it wrong?
<<