Re Cam Lobe Centers and Caps

>If the intake and exhaust cams aren't interchangable - - I need some new
parts
>books.
>
>John H.

John - your new parts book is hopefully on a plane on its way to the States!

The 10548 cams are symmetrical and interchangeable, but some special grinds
aren't. Don't want to get into this except to say that one should check the
specs if unfamiliar with the cams. Cam caps are marked with the lobe
centres for the original cams fitted, and as others have pointed out,
perhaps this is why people don't mention a dramatic difference when they
just throw some "hot cams" in there. I can't stress the importance of a
total tuneup after fitting different cams - mixture will need to be changed
almost certainly. Standard ignition timing:  12 deg BTDC and 43 deg max
advance is ok for the 10548s.

What's with all the discussion about a glorified Miata, alias the Elise?