gtv6/milano half shafts

hello all,

i once laid a gtv6 half shaft and a milano half shaft side by side and they
were different lengths.  you can compress one and/or expand the other a bit
to make them equal, but it doesn't seem to be their natural state.

this always puzzled me, because afaik the dedion triangles are the same, as
are the transaxles.  a couple of weeks ago i had a milano and gtv6 transaxle
side by side, and noticed that the axle stubs are different.

so, my question is this - are the half shafts really different, or did the
ones i observed 'settle in' at a 'comfortable' length?  to all who have
thrown platinum transaxles in their gtv6's, which half shafts did you use?

i'm getting ready to finally put the platinum transaxle in the gtv6, and
have six gtv6 half shafts and no milano half shafts...

tia,

bs

p.s.  haven't looked yet, but i'm assuming (hoping) the gtv6 half shaft is
at least the same as the alfetta half shaft.  either way, earnest is getting
a gtv6 half shaft...