Jetting

Ciao Amici,
I have received a program from a friend, which suggests
carb sizes and jets according to three variables.  They
are: 1. capacity in CCs
     2. RPM where maximum power is produced
     3. desired characteristics - flexibility or power.

I ran it for a 2000cc motor with peak power at 5500 RPM
for flexibility and power and here are the results:
              Flexibility       Power
Carb.         40 DHLA           40 DHLA
Choke         32                34
Main jets     130               140
Emul. tubes   7772.6/7772.5     same
Air Correct   180               same
Idle jets     50/7850.2         same
Pump jets     40                same
Aux. venturis 7848.2            same

For peak power at 6000 RPM, the only results which
change are:
       Flexibility        Power
Carb   40 or 45 DHLA      40 or 45 DHLA
Choke  34                 36
Mains  140                145

How close to the mark are these results?

I have 145 main jets and 45 idle jets in my 40mm DHLA.
I am not sure what size chokes. It would seem my
carbs are too rich, according to these results.
BTW, I am aiming for flexibility.

I am not sure where this program originated - it is
called JETTING.EXE. I guess it is freeware, as there
are no registration messages displayed when it is run.

Cheers,
Robert Jones,
1979 Alfetta GTV 2000
Sydney, Australia