164 2.0 ltr TS Dipstick Marking

     Hello all,

     This is just a short question regarding the oil level in 2 litre Twin
     Spark engines.

     When I check the engine oil level on the 164 I find the oil deposited
     on one side of the dipstick differs by about 1 inch from the oil on
     the other side.

     This spans the machined high and low level marks on the dipstick and
     therefore leaves me a bit confused  as to whether there is too little
     or too much oil in the engine.

     I am sure this is caused by the shape of the dipstick retaining tube
     but does does anyone know which is the correct level to use ?

     Regards

     John