$10k to restore a '69 spider!!

Michael Williams quiped that he got a quote for $10k to restore his spider...

Michael,

I have seen pictures of your car from your web site.  It looks reasonably
good.  Since it's been many years since I payed someone to do resto work, I'd
like to know how the bill adds up to $10k?!  Information like this is key to
being able to rationalize to your SO the cost of tools and equipment :)

Bob (going through sticker shock) Brady
Yardley, PA

PS.

Got a chance to take the gtv out for a toss yesterday.....it had been nearly
a year.... my face still hurts from smiling too much!!!