cam timing

Hi Alfisti,

Thanks to all you helped my out with my (car) problems.
I recently saw on AD about increasing overlap on the cams, and being
interested, looked in the 'bible'. It recommends advancing/retarding
the intake/exhaust cams by 5 vernier holes (7.5%).
To me it seems like too much, but I have no experience in this. Is
this a good amount (is it the optimal amount?)
And by how much would I change the ignition timing?

thanks heaps,

Michal

'76 Alfetta (almost.......)

Melbourne,