re: one lap and...

>Prudhoe Bay to Tierra Del Fuego is a very good suggestion, though.

IS that what you get when you go to MacDonald's and ask them to supersize
your Land's End-John O'Groats?

Oh, and thanks  to Ken and Dave for the GTV-6 engine weights. A friend and
I were standing looking at the engine about to go in "Balls," my chestnut
Metallic GTV-6 wondering how much the darn thing weighed. Now we know! And
all with out even having to pick the damn thing up.

Speaking of Balls (named for the BLZ letters in the license plate...the
CHESTNUT color just reinforces the name), I had contact with the true
previous owner of the car ("gent" I got it from never registered it
properly), a nice man from Italy (judging by Vito's thick accent). Anyway,
I had to send him all these release forms to sign so I could take ownership
of the car. He was worried by the description on my business card that I
was an Alfa dealer (and that the "gent" and I were making money off of his
generosity-ha had given it to the intermediary). "Michael, I don't
understanda thisa..."Alfa Romeo Nut" [description on my business
card]...you a dealer?" Trying to explain to a non-native english speaker
what a "Nut" is can be fun! Once we got it established that I wasn't trying
to make amoney off of his old car he lightened up. "So you love a da cars?"
I felt like I was asking for his daughter's hand in marriage. He told me he
was looking for a 2600 Sprint. Funny that just a day or two later Les Singh
posts the ad for two 2600 Sprints. Anyway, Vito and I have spoken regularly
since -discussions of 2600's and lunch! What funny connections we make
through this hobby-religion...

Michael Williams
Sacramento, California US of A
69 Duetto