New to us - 91 164L

High folks:

Well today was a good day.  Just completed the purchase on my wife's 164-L,
here first Alfa.  What a fun car!  Purchased it in San Diego and had a great
time taking to my mechanic in Orange County, California.  Some of the drive
was along side the Pacific Ocean at speeds above 105 mph.  This car is great
fun from 80 mph up.  Well, anyway on to my questions.  While we love the
appearance of the car, we feel the stock wheels date an otherwise timeless
design. I am interested in updating the wheels to a five spoke design,  Will
16 or 17 by 8 inch wheels fit inside the wheel wells.  Tire Rack has a package
deal on OZ Monte Carlos with 235 40ZR-17's that I am interested in.  Also has
anyone replaced the stock steering wheel with a MoMo.  Can the air bag be
disconnected.  Thanks for your help.  I know that wheel size and fit have been
discussed on previous digests, but I was not paying attention, as I was not
fortunate enough to own a 164 until today!

Your replys are greatly appreciated.

Sincerely

Mike and Jean Carman
90 Ford Bronco - It could tow anything
83 - GTV-6 - It will be a great track car, if I ever get it back together
89 - Ford Aerostar - Bye Bye
91 - 164L New fun family hualer.