matching numbers reasons

Somehow, I had the idea that matching numbers were important to
collectors who planned on showing at certain judged Concours. Some
people do (gasp) "show" their Alfas. The reason that the numbers should
match, I would think, is in case of a discrepancy in judging a car that
has an unoriginal part, that competes against a car that IS all
original. Sure, it may be ticky tacky to some, but the Concours folks
are just as serious about it as the performance folks, who believe Konis
are far suprior to Bilsteins.

There is a Sprint Speciale here in the Bay area that is absolutely
gorgeous. However, someone decided along the line to "bob" the tail
about six inches. They did a very acceptable job, but most Alfisti
aren't interested. It is not original. True, but few outside the
community know this. The car still looks good to me. May never sell,
tho. No, I am happy with my one spider, and won't buy the "Bob tail."

Bergie