Re: alfa-digest V7 #224 (Alfa Sud)

In case your universal translator stopped working, I'll take a shot.  I actually lived in Italy
(Calabria) at the time Alfa Sud was introduced, but wasn't aware of the corporate distinction being
made.

Carl Prochilo

alfa-digest wrote:

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 06:24:20 EST
> From: IRAGIUELE@domain.elided
> Subject: Re: alfa-digest V7 #222
>
> PER QUANTO RIQUARDA L`ALFA SUD  E L`ALFA ROMEO A PROPOSITO DELLE DUE AZZIENDE
> AVETE DIMENTICATO CHE A QUEL PUNTO NON ERA PIU` ALFA ROMEO .....
> MA BEN SI L`ALFA ROMEO ERA DI PROPIETA DEL GRUPPO I.R.I.
> CHE SI COME E` DI PROPIETA DELLO STATO  NON PUO` AVERE IL  LOGO
> MILANO  SULLO STEMMA  IN QUANTO RAPPRESENTA L`ITALIA

As far as the Alfa Sud and Alfa Romeo factories are concerned, you have forgotten that at that time,
the company Alfa Romeo had ceased to exist (as a privately owned firm).  The company had been taken
over by the I.R.I. group.  Since Alfa Romeo was now a state controlled business, the wording Milano was
no longer applicable as Alfa Romeo now represented Italy.