GTV Cams

     As a newbie to the list I have a few questions about my 73 GTV
     w/SPICA. For those good enough to reply please do so to  radibob
     @domain.elided thanks. The "Alfa Bible" states that I can get a little
     performance gain by increasing the overlap on my cams so that the
     marks insted of lining up are a little slanted towards the center of
     the engine BUT they don't say how much (how many holes). Does this
     result in any appreciable gain. How about switching to 1750 stock
     cams? I've heard this is a good bet but how much better is it than
     doing the above procedure and maybe  advancing the timing a tad? Is it
     practical to think I can buy used 1750 cams that will be worth putting
     into my car,even from a place like APE? Thanks in advance for any
     input (or exhaust) heh heh. Bob Brooks (radibob@domain.elided)Suffied Ct.
     73 GTV,66 A-h Sprite, 95 Saab 900,and a Ford Windstar for when it
     snows.