Baby seats in Spider "back seat"

With all this talk of baby sets in GTVs and Spiders, its got me wondering
about a little project I've been contemplating over the last few months with
regard to making my 86 Spider Veloce a 3 seater. This all started when the
desire to use my Spider a little more was hampered by the obvious problem of
fitting both the wife and the 2 YO son both in the car safely at the same
time.

I've noticed on pre Bosch FI Spiders (at least the ones I've seen in
Australia) that there was essentially a 2 + 2 setup in these cars, although
I guess that you'd hardly call the back seats "seats". Having removed the
back parcel shelf of my Bosch FI Spider I've noticed that the seat cut out
still exists on the LHS of the car (now the passenger side) next to the FI
computer.

My question to the Digest is - Has anybody out there installed a third seat
in the back of their Bosch FI Spider? Obviously this will have to include
seat belts etc and in my case a booster seat of some form for my son. I was
planning in making up a half parcel shelf to cover the computer. One problem
appears to be making the (baby/booster) seat clear the roof when its folded
down.

Thanks in advance

Warren Reid
Melbourne, Australia

68 1750 GTV
86 Spider Veloce
84 Alfetta GCL
2 x Bugeye Sprites

P.S. To those people who may remember that I was having idle problems with
my GTV, turned out there was no check valve in the booster vacuum line! One
stuffed booster (its a long and complicated story) later everything is now
perfect - doh!