alloy wheels, build date

At 09:32 PM 10/27/98 -0500, John Hertzman wrote:
>Colin Verrilli has kindly and gently pointed out that I had my dates
>catywampus on the late GTV-6 wheels. The nice slotted Speedlines were on the
>'86, the abominable metric Michelins on the '85, not the other way around
as I
>had them.

<snip>

I'm terminally confused now. My GTV6 had the abominable Michelins when i
bought it, and it was first registered (in Switzerland) in april 87. As it
seems unlikely (to me at least) that the PO would go to the trouble of
retro-fitting old wheels to a new car just so that he could pay through the
nose for oddball tyres, I'm beginning to wonder what the build date of my
car is. I've tried to contact Alfa Romeos Centro Documentazione Storica and
the Ufficio Omologazioni in various ways, to no avail. So now I'm turning
to the digest for help. I'd like to know whether anybody has recently
managed to get any info from AR on the pedigree of their car, and if so,
how they managed to do that.
Alternatively, could anybody give me an indication of the age of my car,
based on the chassis number ZAR 116 C00 000 205 58 ? I'd be really
grateful. I might even give away one of my treasured Michelin alloys.... ;-)

Best, Jaap Bouma (Netherlands)
'87 GTV6 2.5 Grand Prix