Alfa 6 & 90 etc.

>Keith writes that there was automatic version of the Alfa 6
>also; again, I have not heard of it, it is not mentioned in the little
sales
>literature I have and it is not mentioned in d'Amico-Tabucchi.

Their certainly was an Auto. Aidrian at Alfa Aid in Windsor UK, has an Alfa
6 which is a 2.4 Turbo diesel Auto.

The Alfa 6 seems to be an oddball because the engine and gearbox are in one.
Whereas the the Alfa 90 is a Alfetta style  car with a transaxle.
According to the article I have the Guiletta was a way of producing another
car to use the excess capacity of Nord style engines.

Alfa 6 and 90s are extremely rare in the UK, I have heard that their are
only about 6 Alfa 6s in the UK.

Jim Hearnden

Alfa 75 LE (120k miles)

Chatham, Kent