Re: alfa-digest V7 #220

In a message dated 11/2/98 9:17:18 PM Central Standard Time, owner-alfa-
digest@domain.elided writes:

<< As with all aircraft restored by the museum, this aircraft received a 100%
 cosmetic restoration.  None of the aircraft are purposely restored to
 flying condition.  The systems on board the aircraft are restored, within
 reason, to a state reflecting the way they would look in service.  The
 artisans at Silver Hill make no effort to ensure that the various systems
 of the aircraft are functional.

When I visited Silver Hill we were told that all the aircraft are restored to
original flying conditiion, BUT that they would never be flown again.

Jerry in Houston