Over-wattage Bulbs In 164S Headlights and Fogs

Alan Lambert wrote:
When I put over wattage bulbs in my Saab 9000, I melted just about
everything near the headlights (except the wire and glass!!) Have you had
your lights on for long enough to verify that there is no indication of
overtemp?

Alan- I was concerned about having things melt with the over-wattage bulbs
too. The folks at AutoOptik replied that they had not heard of problems in
164s with these bulbs. I've had the headlight bulbs in for nearly two
months, and haven't seen evidence of any abnormal heat-related problems. The
wiring remains cool, the relays and sockets seem fine too. I put
over-wattage dichroic bulbs in the fogs last week. So far, they're
functioning fine too.

Rich Lasner
92 164S
Mill Valley CA