Tire buying tip

	I have a tire-buying tip for San Francisco Area people, that may
well apply elsewhere: I recently priced some Pirelli's on the Web with Tire
Rack. Then I went to my local tire shop (Wheel Works in Sunnyvale) and asked
about the same tire. Price was significantly higher.

	I scratched my chin, looked pensive and said "Wweeellll...I can get
them cheaper by mail order, can you mount them for me?". They ended up
selling me the tires at a little over Tire Rack's delivered cost and I
avoided the hassle of dealing with mailorder tires, loading them into my
car, and finding a place to mount them.

	My receipt from Wheel Works shows (as pre-programmed into their
computer system) says "Tire Rack Discount".

	Do your homework then just ask...they know the competition, and it
is the web.

	Alfa content? Well, it saved me at least $25 per tire that can spent
elsewhere on Alfa bits.

	Karl
	Sunnyvale CA