Exhausts

Hey Alfisti!

I have gotten up to the exhaust part of my Alfa restoration.. (now all
I gotta do is the interior, wiring and glass ;)
I have an original (Good condition) exhaust from a GTV, although I
only have the 1st two bits (that is, up until the gearbox)
So here's my plan: get a straight out pipe to the back of the car (to
hear my baby purrr...) about A$85, or get a whole new system put in (2
1/2" from the extractors) $300...
Now here is my dilema, the factory pipes have a few flat bits (they
look like factory flat bits) which I think don't help much with the
flow.

So would an aftermarket exhaust be the better option?

the engine has warm cams, extension tubes and open airfilter.

thanks,
Michal

Melbourne,
Australia

'76 (porsche) red Alfetta GT (almost there....)