GTV6 missing

Guys:

My '84 GTV6 usually purs like a kitten.  Most of my driving is highway,
so I am usually around 3000rpm's.  This morning I was trying to beat a
turn signal (unsuccessful) so while in 2nd gear, I got up to about 5500
rpm and then came to an abrupt stop as the turn signal turned red.  Now
at idle I could suddenly feel the car missing.  It continued for the
rest of my trip (about a 1/2 mile).  What happened??  Any suggestions??

Thanks,

Carlos