Alternator & Starter Rebuilder

There is a shop here in Cape Cod that specializes in rebuilding
alternators and starters, and I thought you guys will like to know about
it.  So far I've had them rebuild an alternator for my '69 GTV, and just
picked up a starter they rebuilt for the same car.  I dropped off the
starter at 5pm yesterday and got it back at noon today, completely
rebuilt (including solenoid) for only $70.  I don't remember how much
the alternator cost but is was less than $100.

I told them I would be doing this (telling you about them) so they asked
me to let you all know you can ship parts you want rebuilt.  I am very
happy with their work and they are a really friendly bunch, I recommend
them highly.

Yankee Auto Electric
32 Thornton Drive
Hyannis, MA 02601

(508) 771-3122

By the way, did you know that a '69 US spec GTV and a '71 US spec GTV
use incompatible starters?  The '69 is a 2-bolt, 2-brush starter while
the '71 is held in place by 3 bolts and, I assume, is a 4-brush unit.
I'm glad I didn't go through the trouble of trying to borrow the '71.

- -Frank