Getting spider lighter

First of all i want to thank everybody that offered their doors to me. I
got a couple of really nice doors of a -71 Spider at a very reasonable
price from Heinz Mihm in Wisconsin who i know has more -71 spider parts
if anyone is looking.
Also a big thanks to all good ideas on where to find fiberglass hood and
trunk lid. After someone pointed it out to me, the answer was right in
front of my nose. Alfa Ricambi lists both parts - unfortunately they are
priced out of my league.

Now, several people i've talked to suggests that it actually is quite
easy to make fiberglass panels. So does anyone have any experience in
doing this and/or words of wisdom, encouragement or discouragement and
preferably some good advise on how to make fiberglass lids for my -74
Spider?
Does anyone have an accurate weight on a stock -74 Spider? Or know what
the lowest weight of any 115 racing spider is?

Thomas Moll
moltek@domain.elided
Competition Director
NWARC     http://welcome.to/nwarc
Seattle WA
"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- -74 Spider, getting lighter by the day
- -67 Super, stock but for 1750 engine

Ps The -71 doors are six ponds lighter than stock -74 doors (20 vs 26
empty)