Re: Milanos vs Volvos

I'm going to join in the fray.

Having just scared the bejeezus out of a 5.0V8 Mustang GT last night with my
75 3.0V6, I really didn't have to read this morning's digest.

My friends and family will gladly vouch for me that I abuse and beat on my 75
constantly (once it comes up to temperature, of course).  This happens daily
and I have yet to have it be anything less than obscenely reliable.

My family used to own Volvos for company cars (they came with a drivers!)
Were they any more reliable?  Any less?  Hard to say.  We never did drive the
Volvo like we did the Alfas yet the maintenance bills for both were
comparable.  Now dad has his 5-series which has had some from-the-factory
defects that the dealer fixed for free but it certainly didn't give him the
warm fuzzies as opposed to his personal 164.

The Milano Verde is a good car.  But if you got a lemon, heck, if you got ANY
lemon, you're going to have to pay to have it brought back to a better state.
Don't go making blanket statements when you know there are others with Car X
who will have a strong, contradictory experience.

Especially on this list; lots of Milano/75 fans who ... well ... will defend them.

Thank you for reading.

Nizam
75 3.0V6
164 3.0V6 24v

p/s My rev limiter kicked in at 7,000rpm in fifth gear, with the Mustang a car
length away in the other lane.  Not bad for lacking 2 litres and 2 cylinders.
Helps to be lighter, no?