164S question

Hi all.

I have a 91 164S that runs very well in all circumstances except...
It has recently started to occasionally and irregularly die while idling.
The idle seem fine--smooth and about 850 rpm--when suddenly it will stop as
though someone turned off the key.  It will start easily and immediately
there after and idle fine, until it happens again.  At no other time is
there any indication of a problem. It seems completely random--I can't
identify any common circumstances under which it has happened, and I can't
make it happen if I want to.  It doesn't happen very often, and isn't a huge
problem, but it is very annoying.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Damien